Golden Button Awards: People’s Choice Voting

[Editor's update: Due to the possibly skewed voting results of the contest we've decided to award all of the nominees the winner's prize of a Busy Beaver tote bag and $50 gift certificate. The idea of the multiple voting was to allow people to vote for more than one design, not vote for one many, many times. We've learned from this experience and our next contest will definitely be one vote per person!]

Voting for the 1st Annual Golden Button for People’s Choice Award is now open!

Vote below for your favorite design of 2011. Polls are open between February 20 and February 23cast your vote below. Just choose the number below that corresponds with your favorite numbered design above. After you vote, leave a comment and tell us which button you picked and why.

Custom Buttons

• Button #2 by Joanna Mulder of Joannarchy (38%, 186,759 Votes)
  • Button #12 by Lana Crooks of OhNo!Doom (25%, 123,980 Votes)
  • Button #9 by Alex White of White Mystery (13%, 64,316 Votes)
  • Button #3 by Claire Belton of Pusheen (12%, 56,524 Votes)
  • Button #1 by Tony Fitzpatrick (5%, 22,337 Votes)
  • Button #6 by Burger Records (3%, 17,072 Votes)
  • Button #8 by Hanni Brosh (2%, 10,126 Votes)
  • Button #4 by Joseph Hughes of Northcoast Zeitgeist (2%, 7,500 Votes)
  • Button #7 by Jenn Fujikawa of justJENN designs (0%, 733 Votes)
  • Button #11 by John Herndon for Coffin Pricks (0%, 679 Votes)
  • Button #10 by Quirk Books (0%, 491 Votes)
  • Button #5 by Britton Walters of Nerfect (0%, 378 Votes)

Total Voters: 490,895

Loading ... Loading ...

Voting closes at midnight CST on February 23, 2012. Multiple votes per person are accepted. The entry with the most votes will win this fabulous prize. The winner will be announced on the Busy Beaver blog on February 24, 2012.

Questions? Email

Share Button

You Might Also Like

February 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm

#1 was just the catchiest of the group.

February 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Nice and skeletal!

February 21, 2012 at 12:29 am

Burger Records for sure. Awesome design. A damn good record store/label too!

Jeannie Madden
    February 21, 2012 at 1:09 am

I like the saying it is catchy… :o)

February 21, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Why are you letting people vote multiple times? It’s skewing the hell out of the results.

February 22, 2012 at 10:39 am

I honestly swear to my having no personal bias whatsoever, but all I can see is Button #8.

February 22, 2012 at 11:02 am

I love to bake, so obviously #7

Joly MacFie
    February 22, 2012 at 11:47 am

White Mystery has it – for sheer simplicity and elegance.

February 22, 2012 at 11:55 am

#10 has the tightest graphic, and strongest color . It gets my vote… yea Taft 2012.

February 22, 2012 at 1:20 pm

#7 Clever. The point. Well designed. Conveys a message. Delicious.

February 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm

#9 as its the sharpest, simplest, coolest badge there is and i’ve worn it almost every day for best part of 2 years. 2nd, Burger UP!

February 23, 2012 at 3:24 am

What’s the point of this if people can vote over and over? There’s programs out there that exploit that. The top 2 have went from the 15k range to well over 125k in a matter of hours. Something is definitely not right there.

February 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Yeah, wow, 125k? I thought it was bad before but there is no way those are legit results. It’s nice to see people are good at using robots but what does that have to do with picking people’s favorite buttons?

February 23, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I AGREE! I would have preferred to know who actually liked my design. I was happy to be nominated but would have liked a fair race. I was posting on all social sites about the voting. I checked on day two and was soo stoked it had so many votes but turned out my husband was voting for me because he thought other people were also voting a lot. We decided to stop voting yesterday because I felt it was just stupid. It would have been a lot better if it had been limited to one vote per day to start. Thanks to all who actually voted, hopefully I can continue to make designs that people like to wear.

Busy Beaver Button Co.
    February 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Thanks for all the input concerning the voting! Our previous multi-vote contests did not encounter this kind of problem. The idea was to allow people to vote for more than one design, not one design many, many times. We will definitely keep this in mind for the next contest!

February 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I’d suggest making it a multi-option poll instead of a multi-vote type of thing myself.

February 24, 2012 at 8:45 am

Hm, looks like I´m late…
    bummer, can´t believe NERFECT only made 12th… My favorites: 5 and 9

February 25, 2012 at 1:11 am

LOL at this joke of a “contest.” Some pathetic loser(s) had the nerve to run bots and that’s sad. If you guys actually award these top few that has asinine numbers of votes then that says a lot about the contests you run.

Busy Beaver Button Co.
    February 26, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Due to the possibly skewed voting results of the contest we’ve decided to award all of the nominees the winner’s prize of a Busy Beaver tote bag and $50 gift certificate. We’ve learned from this experience and our next contest will definitely be one vote per person!

February 27, 2012 at 6:46 am

Now I feel like a dick for my message. That was damn nice of you guys. The cheaters shouldn’t get anything lol.